Piece by Piece
1) MCE – This is Mayhem Circus Electric. Free rock improv jazz with a touch of the funk. Exciting thematic developments, raucous peaks and a twin guitar ending. Whew!
2) Protest Reform – A little more structure starting off in a minor tonal mood with some long tone reeds. Builds to some tense group interplay that gets up up upbeat with some exciting key and guitar features.
3) Big Primpin – A cool head with increasing liberties taken, then a killer keyboard solo with eventual group improv support. The cool head then comes back and prevails. Mostly easygoing.
5) Lubricity – Down and Dirty grind with just enough lubrification to keep it all groooovy. A mid tempo sort of a workout that will go right to your hips.
6) Trio – Djembe & Bass Clarinet slow things down with increasing group support and solo coda. Nice.
7) On Three – Starts with an audacious off-kilter stomp into some languid strolling. Stop time guitar solo with eventual rolling support, ditto for the soprano sax. Stomp again and out.
8) Steps – Sometimes giant, sometimes baby. This is another crazy rocker with a bit of that funk. Group interplay, new riffs coming and going and developing and coming back. Funky Bass breaks, Yeah!
9) Sequential Circuitry - This one is episodic with quick shifts in rhythm, tonality & style, each one with a different instrument grouping, including a march rhythm under a bass clarinet / saxophone duet.
10) Success Fail - Unison rhythm starts it out, to a long toned interlude and sequential guitars add fun.
11) Executioner of the Estate - A hard riff is gonna fall. Takes you out with a controlled burner.